Tuesday, January 3, 2012

London's Calling


Sitting here in my cyclone of a room in the burbs I still can't believe I'm really and truly setting off to London tomorrow, yep that's right tomorrow!.It would be really nice though if the closeness of my departure would sink in a little faster so I would actually get some of this clothes in a suitcase....

As you can all guess, packing for five months really isn't possible. Since I'll be interning while I'm in London I made sure my work attire gets top priority for getting in my suitcase. After that I've pretty much been trying to keep my clothes basic as I'm pretty sure I can bet I'll be doing some shopping while I'm there (more like 100% positive).
Besides from my packing I'm pretty much all set for my London adventures.With everyone at DePaul back in class and having to say my goodbyes I'm getting more and more anxious to get settled in and get somewhat of a routine going for my time in London.

I'm landing in London Saturday morning where I'll be meeting the director of my study abroad program at the airport. Me and my two ginormous suitcases will then make our way to my dorm and get checked in, like the first day of college all over again. Afterwards I'm going to have some major shopping to do as I have to buy my bedding, towels and other odds and ends that I'm sure I will forgot at home. I know I definitely don't want to be spending my first night using all my clothes as blankets.

The following week is filled with orientation events to get to know other students, getting a schedule finalized for my internship and of course registering for classes.

I truly can't wait to keep you all up to date on my experiences in London. Thank you so much to everyone for all the support and well wishes.

Cheers to the trip of a lifetime!

3 comments:

  1. I plan on reading this religiously. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to follow this! WHERE IS THE FOLLOW BUTTON!!! I AM DESPERATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys!! In the upper right hand corner it says "follow by email" and it'll send you email updates. :)

    ReplyDelete