Friday, January 13, 2012

221b Baker Street


So I was about to begin this post complaning about the cold weather I've experienced here in London these last few days but since I hear it is snowing at home I guess I'll take that back!

Yeserday started off as a sunny day here in London. When I walked out the door I was so tempted to go back and get my sunglasses but that proved to unfortunately be unnnecessary. I have come to notice that it does actually get (kinda sorta) sunny here but it comes in spurts.

Me and some girls from DePaul started off the day by going to the Sherlock Holmes Museum. To my surpise the museum was actually located at 221b Baker Street, the same address as where his office was located in the books/movies. The museum was so detailed that I actually started to ask myself, "wait I thought he was a fictional character"...which he unfortunately was incase you were wondering. No detail was spared throughout the museum which really makes me want to read the books now as I've only seen one of the movies.





The museum is located right next to Regents Park so we decided to take a walk through after the museum. The park was just so beautiful even with most flowers not in bloom. I can definitely see myself going jogging through the park when it gets warmer, which I'm hoping comes sooner rather than later!






Later last night the Education Abroad Office hosted a boat cruise down the River Thames. It was really nice to see some of the big sites from the boat but after about 5 minutes of a 3 hour boat ride there wasn't too much to see. They had dancing on the boat which was pretty entertaining but the DJs really didn't understand the meaning of transitioning music. I'm pretty sure I heard the Spice Girls classic "Tell Me What You Want" right after Journey's "Don't Stop Believing."





No comments:

Post a Comment