Monday, April 23, 2012

More of Greece and Italy!

Now I must forwarn that this blog post is coming to you live from my itouch so you may see a few autocorrections here and there... With that said I must say I have seen quite a lot since my last blog post. For our one full day in Greece we packed in a lot of sites. We were quite the champs and made it to the acropolis right when it opened at 8 am to jump start our day. It was so nice being able to take in the view of the city and the ruins with only a few other people there. Afterward, we went to the boat docks to take a trip out to one of the nearby small islands. The weather was absolutely perfect, sunny and 72! The island was so beautiful that it reminded me of a postcard. That night we did some more exploring around Athens and noticed that most of the city besides from the touristy slots were kinda shady. There was a lot of graffiti everywhere so I'm glad our hostel was in a pretty touristy area. Now today I just left Rome after being there for 3 days and I'm now in Pisa! I loved that in Rome you can casually be walking down the street and run into some ruins or a piazza or a beautiful church. We even managed to run into a parade of gladiators yesterday...no joke! Apparently yesterday was the founding day of Rome so thus the parade. Now while seeing the leaning tower of Pisa and climbing to the top was pretty cool today there isn't much else to do here. We walked around the city for a bit and stopped at a place to grab dinner. See from the outside this place looked completely normal but after ordering my spaghetti the waitress frantically went to the back of the restaurant. I had no idea what was going on but to my surprise (or horror) I saw her pull out a frozen meal and put it in the microwave! I don't think many people can say they've been to an Italian restaurant in Italy and get served a frozen meal. I guess I'll just go with the idea that it makes for a good story. Tomorrow we are off to Florence for 3 days and then onto our last stop of Venice!

No comments:

Post a Comment