Monday, April 9, 2012

An English Easter & My Last Day at TogoRun

From a trip to Westminster Abbey for mass to Shepard's Pie for dinner I'll have to say that my Easter could not have gotten anymore English.
Yesterday I was up bright and early to enjoy a hot cross bun for breakfast before heading off to Easter Mass at Westminster Abbey. My friends and I arrived at the church early as we figured there would be a big crowd, which there was. After waiting in a line outside for some time we made it inside with a pretty good spot right near the front. While I may have been close to dozing off a few times during the hour and a half mass it was a really cool experience to be in such a beautiful and historic church for an actual service.



Later that night my friends and I had our own Easter dinner back in the flat. My friend Karina knew how to make the traditional English meal of Shepard's Pie so we let her take charge. It was quite delicious so I definitely think I'll have to get the recipe to try it out for when I'm home and missing some English food.



This past week was also the last week of my internship at TogoRun. It's so hard to believe that its over already as I just started to feel like I was getting into my rhythm there, but I guess that's how it goes with short term internships.

 I'll have to say though that I definitely left my internship on a high note. Last Thursday I got to present my "lunch and learn" session on social media where I talked about my past experience with Check, Please! They really seemed to enjoy it and take a lot from it.

If that wasn't cool enough we even had an office Easter egg hunt. Now many of you know how I can get a little competitive over Easter egg hunts so I showed them a thing or two about how it was done. And as a parting thank you gift they gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a really nice card that everyone in the office signed. It was sad saying goodbye since its hard to say when I'll see them next but I know I'll definitely carry my experiences at TogoRun with me as I continue to pursue a career path in PR.



No comments:

Post a Comment