Thursday, May 24, 2012

(Kinda) Getting Ready to Leave

With the walls in my flat becoming more bare and the contents of my room are slowly starting to make their way into my suitcases today it's starting to hit me that I'll be home in just a matter of 2 days.

While I am excited to reunite with my family and friends, the truth is that I would really appreciate it if time slowed down a little. I just don't feel like I'm ready to leave yet. You would think five months is enough time but I know saying goodbye to the amazing city of London is not going to be easy.
I've started saying my goodbyes to my friends and flatmates and some of my favorite sites in the city.
This week my flatmates and I went out to the ever popular restaurant of Nandos for one last get together. It's sad and kinda strange not knowing when I'll see them again. They definitely have become great friends and I hope to keep in touch with them all since they have truly taught me a lot about British culture and made me feel very welcomed.


I'm also even more sad to say my London BFF / partner in crime, Vethina, has left me to go home. I don't know what I'll do without her in London for 2 whole days! We definitely made so many great memories together on this trip but I'm sure we will make plenty more back in Chicago.

Alright, I know I'm getting a little cheesy / sentimental here!




 So now I might be getting the urge to unpack everything and just pretend that I'm not leaving. I've taken the liberty to forewarned my mom that if she gets a call from Harrow Halls saying I won't leave my room she shouldn't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment