Friday, May 18, 2012

Chasing a Banana through Hyde Park

I thought that title might get your attention!

Yesterday I participated in a 5k through Hyde Park with a couple of my old coworkers from TogoRun. It was great going back to the office to see everyone again  and go for a nice run in one of the prettiest parks in the world I might dare to say.

So you might be wondering what the deal is with the banana....
The 5k was called "Beat the Banana" which involved all the participants including myself to sport a bright yellow t-shirt. One lucky participant was THE banana that we ran after through the park. I must say he was one fast banana since I never caught up with him. But I guess if you have about a 1,000 people chasing after you I would run pretty fast too.

I must say I always love just chatting with people from work about random cultural differences between the U.K. and the U.S. Yesterday definitely was no different as my coworkers asked if we had runs like this in America. I told them about the Hot Chocolate Race that is quite popular and they seemed baffled about the idea that people run for chocolate. I guess it's another one of those "only in America" things.

It was definitely hard to say goodbye since I don't know the next time I'll be seeing them. But I just love knowing that the next time I'll be back I'll have some great friends to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment