Saturday, February 11, 2012

Seeing Daniel Radcliffe with my own two eyes!


As I have never and I repeat never been the rebellious type I can officially say that last Thursday was the first day EVER that I played hooky...sad I know.

Well if you wonder what brought upon this sudden urge to be a rebel...two words. Daniel Radcliffe.

My friend Karina, who interns for a movie company here in London, found out about a Q&A event happening at the Apple store on Regent Street where Daniel Radcliffe and the producers from his new film Lady in Black would be speaking. I freaked out over the idea that I would be missing class but pulled myself together and realized, when else in my life will I get the chance to see Harry Potter himself!

We arrived at the Apple store about two hours before the event as we weren't really sure how much seating would be available. The line for the event wasn't that long when we got there which lucky for us meant that we would be sitting in the second row in the theater!

The Q&A was set to start at 5 so when 5:10 came around the entire crowd was on the edge of theirs seats anticipating when he would come out. We all kept staring at the door waiting and wondering and before I knew it Daniel Radcliffe was literally two feet in front of me and I mean two feet. We were so close to the stage I had to pinch myself as it truly felt like I was dreaming.




I must say that he was very well dressed and was a lot more attractive in person. He seemed to keep his head down a lot which I thought was kinda odd but I guess if you're HARRY POTTER and you have crazy fans I might be a little hesitant to make eye contact with people too.

During the Q&A they played multiple clips from his new film Lady in Black. It was a little odd seeing him transform from playing a teenage character in Harry Potter to a father in the new film. The movie wasn't necessarily on my to see list before I went and saw him but I guess you could say that it is now.

If you would have told me a month ago that I would see the one and only Daniel Radcliffe while I was abroad in London I'm pretty sure I would have straight up laughed at you. I recall jokingly putting seeing him at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum on my "To Do List" but I'll have to say this was so much better and a moment I'll never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment