Monday, February 6, 2012

A Day Trip and some Flatmate Friday Fun!


So I'll admit I've been slacking on keeping up with my blog posts. I guess you could say the STUDY part of study abroad is starting to catch up with me as I have my first major assignment (worth half my grade) due Wednesday!

I definitely made room for some fun last week though as I took a day trip with a few friends and also enjoyed my first "Flatmate Friday."

On the day trip, my friends and I went to Warwick Castle, Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford. It was an action packed day but it was great to see so many different parts of England.

Warwick Castle was absolutely beautiful. The design and architecture of the castle made me want to suit up in my armor and go jousting.

We were able to tour the states rooms and walk along by the river which was really nice. My friend Vethina though kept insisting that she wanted a castle just like this one but I hated bursting her bubble that we weren't on an episode of House Hunters. I guess a girl can dream!




After touring the castle we made our way to Stratford-upon-Avon known for being home to William Shakespeare. We were able to go inside and tour the home he grew up way back when. It was really surreal to step back and think that the man behind so many world famous plays and stories grew up here. All the Tudor style houses were adorable and I absolutely loved the town.


The last stop on our tour was Oxford. We went in Christ Church College which is part of Oxford University but most importantly where the filmed scenes from the first two Harry Potter films. Even though I had been to Oxford before the excitement of it all definitely still got to this Harry Potter nerd!

The picture below is from the dining hall of Christ Church College where the filmed the great hall scene. *cue me freaking out*



As I mentioned that last week was filled with lots of school work and such it was nice to have a fun night with my flatmates last Friday. My flatmate, Billie got all the ingredients to make homemade pizzas. It was such a movie moment as we all hung out in the kitchen making the pizzas and then playing cards for hours afterwards. It was so simple yet so much fun! But since everyone in the flat takes turns making "Flatmate Friday" dinners I need to up my cooking game since those pizzas were so delicious!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment